Tuesday, June 13, 2006

You Want Me to Buy That House? You Gotta Be Kidding!

HI,
I am Dr. Linne Bourget, and lately the story of how I bought my first house has been on my mind.

Having never bought a house before, I was clueless when I started. Have you been through this? If you have bought your first house, weren't you nervous? Buying your first home is one of those items the stress experts list as one of the biggest sources of stress.

When I had to buy mine, and quickly, it was before the internet, so all the great information we take for granted now was unavailable! To make matters even scarier, I was swamped with consulting work and had no time to do the research I usually do when facing something new. How in the world could I figure out what to buy? Have you been in this situation?

Starting out with an agent who knew the neighborhood, hoping at lest one of us would know what she was doing, we found an adorable little house on a hill with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, a split level. I fell in love with it instantly. Have you fallen in love with a house?

Then the trouble started. Because I was clueless about real estate, my intuition was essential. The Master Intuition System I had developed for business clients worked well in my business, and since desperation was the mother of innovation in this case, I asked my intuition about the little house.

The news was not good. My intuition said not to buy the house, that it was too small and I would be crowded there. What a disappointment! I loved the little house. But I knew better than to ignore my intuition, and kept looking. Then the agent showed me, get this, a five-bedroom house! I could not believe it! What in the world would I do with five bedrooms?
What was she drinking?!! Have your emotions led you to buy a house that wasn't right for you?

After much stewing, I asked my intuition about the larger house. My intuition gave a huge yes, which worried me. This house needed lots of work and I had no time to do it! But I know better than to ignore my intuition, so we put an offer in on a Friday night, which was accepted. That Sunday, they had an open house and many other offers would have come in!

We got it in the nick of time!

This house turned out to be the perfect house for me and my company and my four-footed office assistant, Sam the Magic Cat. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined using five bedrooms, but we needed them all! And the location, in the woods with the lovely trees, was ideal, a healing space much needed with my hectic and demanding business!

And as a special bonus, this house turned out to be very profitable when I sold it, despite selling it an a very bad down market where neighbors lost tens of thousands of dollars and had their homes on the market for months and months. We had a contract in 6 weeks!

Now I was a believer in using intuition for real estate profits. The most powerful lesson: Intuition can help you navigate your way through your emotions for greater real estate profits, if you know how to work with it! How can you separate intuition and emotions? Stay tuned....

Coming soon: Our home study system for intuition for real estate profits, with a track record of 20 years, true compelling stories and many details about using intuition in your real estate deals! Want to know more? Email us at drlinne@whatyousayiswhatyouget.com and ask us to keep you posted.

Meanwhile, best deals to you!
Appreciatively,
Dr. Linne Bourget, M.A., M.B.A.,Ph.D
Copyright 2005-2008. All Rights Reserved

No comments: